Jan 14, 2012

Historic

I was never excited of the retreat for some reasons. Yeah, ordinary day for me. The night before the event, i listed the things i need to bring, then packed. Slept at around 12, i guess. As soon as i woke up, i was thinking of stuff that would possibly happen. Hey, daydreamer. Hahaha.

January 12
  • Went to school late. Very late.
  • Everyone was ready.
  • Had ghost stories with the girls.
  • Arrived at the retreat house.
  • Orientation blah blah.
"You should not be only present physically, but also mentally emotionally, spiritually, and kili-kili" -Ate Jing. Hahahahahahahaha. Ice breaker!
  • Bag inspection.
  • Surrendered gadgets.
Bye phone.
  • Hello, roommates!!
My roommates weren't really that close to me, but i guess everything really happens for a reason. I got to know them more and we had a good time! Hi, Mau and Shaine. We even ended up calling ourselves Meow-squared + Shaine. ♥

  • Good news...
Is another term for food there. The buzzer for good news is what we were all waiting for. Hahaha! Good news at 10 for snacks , then at 12 for lunch, then at 3 for merienda, and lastly at 7 for dinner. Pig out! Oink.

  • Session 1 at the session hall.
Drew stuff about ourselves, had sharing with our groups, then burned the paper. Hugs hugs hugs!

  • Good news. Always good news. Yes baby.
  • Had bonding with classmates.
  • Session 2...
Jai Ho, you are the reason that i breathe. You are the reason that i still believe. You are my destiny, Jai Ho!!! Hahahaha. We actually watched a video clip of a man walking to nowhere, then Jai Ho was the background music.

  • Good news round 3!!!!
Some of us were blindfolded. It was super fun, indeed. It taught us that we should trust and have faith to the one who's guiding us eventhough we're blinded of what could happen in the future. Chaby and Chard, thank you.
  • Night sessions at the chapel.
Affirmations are the best!! Those positive things that my classmates wrote about me were all unexpected. That made me smile for real! And... We were given the chance to give a heart to anyone we wanna talk to - thank that person, say sorry, or whatever you wanna say. So i think that was the most emotional part. Christian was the one who gave me the heart first. He thanked me for being a good friend and everything. Yes, i cried. Then, Nikko gave me one too. And Ivan. We had a long, serious talk. Lol you gotta expect the unexpected. Dayumn, i think i've hurt another person again. Sighs. Oh well. I sat at the chapel for a couple of minutes then approached my bestfriend, Prince. Hello, i never knew we would be sooooo emotional. Hahahaha. Then i went straight back to the chapel. Sir asked me then if i tapped Jaja. I was like.. Ha? No! Only to find out, there was something creepy happening there. Goosebumps. I didn't mind that 'cause i know it would scare the hell out of me. Talked to Rosit after, then to Hannah, etc.

  • Proceeded to our room assignments at 10:30 pm.
Hello, eyebags! Hello, cellphone! We were allowed to check our phones for just 10 minutes. Haha great. Messaged my mom then turned it off again. Everyone was having a good time telling stories. It was at 11 when we were told to sleep because the lights will be turned off. Scaredy cats! The girls were planning to transfer rooms because we got scared of the storied we heard. But Meow-squared + Shaine don't wanna break rules, so we slept on our own rooms. We had stories of our own, because we can't sleep. At the middle of our conversation, we heard someone ran as if someone was chasing him/her. We stared at each other then for us not to get have cold feet, i said "Nah, baka classmate lang natin yun, nagtransfer ng room." Hahaha!!! Then we continued. Minutes after, we heard someone talking outside again. Now we got a little more spooked, but i was electrified when Meow-squared asked Shaine to go outside and check who that was. Hahaha and she was serious. I told them not to mind it 'cause i was damn scared already, i wasn't only showing it. Lol. I never knew i left them. Yes, i've slept. Then at 1 o'clock, i woke up. I don't know whyyyyy. Maybe someone was watching me. I was looking around then i kept on shaking Shaine for her to wake up. I cannot sleep that time. It was soooo hot. Blame the small electric fan!! Upon, bugging Shaine, Mau woke up. She wasn't asleep after all. Hahaha. We talked for a while then i kept on praying. Horray!!

January 13

  • Good morning, sunshine!!!! ♥
  • Woke up at 5:30.
  • Stayed at the hallway.
  • Talked with the girls and some boys.
Found out that the girls had ninja moves last night. Yes, i was right! It was them whom we had heard running. Hahahaha. Also the boys! And for that, sir Felmar was awake the whole night, until he surrendered.
  • Decided to take a bath at 6.
Meow-squared was the first to enter the comfort room inside our quarters. She takes a bath very fast!!!! Hahaha. It took us 30 minutes to wait for her. Lol peace, Mau.
  • Buzzzzzzz! Good news!!!!
Rani's watermelon + soy sauce, and Joh's watermelon + vinegar. Swag!!!!
  • Free time.
We went to the shoooore. Joh, Che, and Neil had boating which is prohibited. Lol. Rosit even caught a puffer fish according to Kristine. My classmates are the best okay!! ♥
  • Session at the chapel.
We wrote letters to the Lord.  Others shared in front of us what they wrote but only Johanna, made us all burst into tears. Hugs hugs hugs!!!! We never got tired of hugging each other. Those thank you's, sorry's and all. We were still crying and hugging each other, then suddenly ate Jing told us to have a class picture. Haha ansaveh ng mga namamagang mata
  • Good news!!!
  • Session again.
Wrote letters for our parents. At first, i really don't know what words to write. Then, ended up filling the whole bond paper with nonsense stuff. I didn't even know what i wrote. Hahaha.
  • Last good news together at the dining hall. :(
  • Free time.
We were asked to pack our things already. Awwww! :( Had bonding with my classmates again. Hello, phone! Soundtripped with my guy friends. Left our keys, and ID's hanging at the doorknob. Placed our things beside the session hall, then went back to the chapel.

Wait, Shaine's yellow submarine is epic!!! Hahaha. Peace, Shaine.
  • Last session :(
Mass together with our parents. Felt bad about some of my classmates not having their parents around. Sighs. I was holding back my tears the whole duration of the mass. Haha i don't want my parents to see me crying. I gave them the letter i made. I even wondered what their reaction would be. Fingers crossed.
  • Last bonding moments at the retreat house. :(
Had our pictures taken outside the chapel, ran near the sea, jumpshots, laughtrips, cheerdance-moves, ate bread and all!!

Damn son! The retreat gave me soooo much to remember. I never thought i would be soooo in love with my classmates and adviser already. Sleeping, waking up, and having good news with them makes me want to invent time machine so freaking bad. Being with them for two days, and one night is just the best! I've learned a lot. Now, we're all begging for a retreat round two. I love you guys so much. And one day not seeing you all makes me miss you. Rock on, Saint Mark!!!!!! ♥♥♥

Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it. Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak no evil.